Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Common Core State Standards for English

These Common Core State Standards are kind of an incredible feat.  I didn't realize until I read more about them how much thought had gone into them by Council of Chief State School Officers and the National Governor's Association.  It's nice to think that so many minds have gone into creating a breadth of standards all with the goals of creating career and college ready literate people.

In the introduction I appreciated how they made the goals try to align with international 'benchmarks'.  With the amount of technology and communication increasing throughout the world, we will need to create young people who have a common understanding of the world and share common experiences.

Obviously I have been using the CCSS in creating my TPA lesson plans and will continue to do so, but I like that I know more about where they come from and how each standard is in itself a goal to be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment