Monday, October 21, 2013

Access Tool - D.E.D. - Ender's Game

Quote: The monitor lady smile very nicely and tousled his hair and said, "Andrew, I suppose by now you're just absolutely sick of having that horrid monitor.  Well, I have good news for you. (p. 2)

This reminds me of:  This little bit of introduction to the character reminds me of when I was younger and had to go to my great-grandma's house.  She was one of those ladies who smelled a little funny (to a 7 year old) and would pinch cheeks and mess with my hair and clothes.  Looking back, I realize she was really sweet, but I never wanted to go and see her.

Quote: The bell rang.  Everyone signed off their desks or hurriedly typed in reminders to themselves.  Some were dumping lessons or data into their computers at home.  A few gathered at the printers while something they wanted to show was printed out. (p. 5)

This reminds me of: How I am always the last one to leave a bench after playing or coaching.  Everyone else seems to be rushing off to do something else why I let my mind wander a bit and reflect on what just happened.


Quote:  Ender knew the unspoken rules of manly warfare, even though he was only six.  It was forbidden to strike an opponent who lay helpless on the ground; only an animal would do that. (p. 7)

This reminds me of:  Wanting to win games or whatever but wanting to know that I beat the best.  It's best to keep your honor when you win, instead of just winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment