Friday, September 27, 2013

Introductory Letter - ENGL 493

Good Morning Readers!

A little about myself on this grey Friday morning.  I'm a secondary education student majoring in social studies and minoring in English.  This is my 2nd time going to university: my first time through was much more focused on athletics and the social aspects of the environment.  This change the last few years has been great for me as I feel I have been better prepared with life experiences and more focused on becoming a great teacher.

As mentioned above, I am a social studies major and that is truly where my passion lies with teaching.  Truth be told, I only started in with the English minor to make myself more marketable for jobs when I'm finally finished.  I generally have a hard time in English classes but do enjoy the 'artistic' aspects of analyzing a piece of literature and finding meaning within other's writing.  I am also not a prolific writer; I find it difficult to sit down and create longer pieces.  Much of my writing is short, concise, and specific.

Within this class, I am looking forward to challenging myself to create quality lesson plans.  Every lesson plan I have written up to this point has been geared towards either 8th grade U.S. History, or 7th grade Ancient World or Pacific Northwest History.  I am hoping to become much more comfortable within an English classroom and confident in my ability to help students learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment