Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekly Blog #8

This last week at school was interesting.  My cooperating teacher was called in to be part of an interview panel all day so I was with a substitute.  Basically, my coop teacher gave me the run-down of the day and it was my job to take over the entire class schedule.  It was a lot of fun to be in front of the classes and instruct them on their final assignments.

The 7th graders were to create a powerpoint presentation on bridges.  History, definitions, materials, etc, and then they got to choose a famous bridge from around the world and give its details on construction, height, width, span, etc.
8th graders had a similar project, but they get to do it on roller coasters.
Each grade level was put into a group the last week and each individual discipline in the school was to contribute to part of the project.  History and English classes had them do research and powerpoint, science and math had them study the structural parts.  The 8th graders even got to build their own roller-coasters using marbles!  It was a pretty fun week.

I liked seeing the entire school come together for the students and help them finish with a fun project.  That really made me see the school year differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment