Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Weekly Post #2

A pretty interesting week for me this time around.  I had to take two days off from being in the classroom to take a personal holiday so I've only been in the classroom once, and it was not a very exciting time.  The whole day I was there was dedicated to preparing the 7th grade students for their upcoming Middle School Placements or MSP's.  They watched a video and then took a practice test.  My 8th graders just read another section from the book and worked on their terms and people to get ready for their test.

All in all, pretty boring and not much happened that I could really take into my teaching.  It was a little weird to see how my cooperating teacher had to adjust his schedule to make due with the requisite video and tests that were put onto him that morning.  I appreciated seeing his flexibility and ability to change his plans to accomodate the administration.

The major conflict was obviously having to work around the MSP preparations but things were pretty easy outside of that.

As I said, it was a short week so not too much to report here.

No comments:

Post a Comment